[tex-live] TeXLive Manager (numbers)

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Mon Sep 8 02:04:17 CEST 2008

On 07/09/08, you seem to have written:

>    does tl hold java programs at all?
>
>    /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/scripts/ppower4/pp4p.jar
>    /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex4ht/bin/tex4ht.jar
>
> I'm just copying them from the originals, I have no idea if they do
> anything useful.
>
> Of course could do the same for pax, but it was more complex than I
> could deal with at the end of the release cycle.  We could conceivably
> work on including it now, especially if Heiko wants it to happen.  H?
>
> Although since it needs PDFBox, it seems it won't ever work as-is.  If
> someone can download and install PDFBox, I doubt they'll have any
> trouble with pax itself.  (We'd also have to figure out the wrapper
> script to make it relocatable; I think that could be done, with enough
> work.  It's always a matter of time.)

If pax actually involves an executable by that name it will conflict
with the BSD utility by that name. In the case of MacTeX,  at least,
it would take precedence over that utility due to the way MacTeX alters
PATH etc.

Clearly there are ways around this but it is a potential (additional)
complication...

- cfr