[tex-live] 1.929

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 7 23:46:25 CEST 2008

    But the fontinst.tlpobj does contain the version number of the package
    (as well as the svn revision number), correct?

The catalogue-version field contains what is in the Catalogue
(surprisingly enough), which explains the mismatch here.  There is no
way we can extract the author's version number.  (I am astonished and
grateful that Robin/CTAN does so.)

fontinst is an unusually complex and painful case.  I don't think such
discrepancies are at all common among more typical packages.

karl