[tex-live] Values needed for texlive2008-20080822.iso and friends

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 23:28:09 CEST 2008

2008/9/7 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
> Phil,
>
>    Can anyone please advise me of the following,
>    for the main ISO file, the LZMA ISO file, and for MacTeX,
>    as RHASH, downloaded from SourceForge, produces no output
>    at all when let loose on the ISO file, although it copes
>    perfectly well with the torrent file (and I therefore
>    suspect it is incapable of dealing with such large files).
>
>    ** Phil.
>    --------
>    SHA1
>    ED2K
>    TTH
>
> I'm sorry, I am confused.  You mean you need an SHA1, ED2K and TTH
> checksum for our iso's+mpkg?  SHA1 I can give you, but I've never heard
> of ED2K or TTH.

I have just asked Google. ED2K is not a checksum but a protocol, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDonkey_network

TTH software for Linux can be obtained from
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Administration/tthsum-2784.shtml

> (And I don't understand what sourceforge has to do with it?)
>
> Thanks,

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz