[tex-live] texdoc error

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Sep 7 01:11:38 CEST 2008

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard writes:

 > When the first argument to start is quoted, start assumes it's the
 > (optional) title of the new window. So the purpose of the initial
 > "" is to prevent start from thinking the quoted filename is the
 > title.
 >
 > I just come to think of it, maybe AR doesn't like this empty title
 > setting.

If this "operating system" would behave halfways predictable, the
title string should be consumed by the program called "start".  AR
shouldn't see it at all.  If it does, it's certainly due to a severe
bug in Windows.

I don't have enough time to read all emails I get very carefully, but
I'm now trying to follow the "texdoc error" thread more carefully.

What I've seen so far is not very promising:
From: "Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd)" <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 09:39:50 +0100

Incidentally, while testing, I double-clicked on "minitoc.pdf", and
not only it but "t-lilypond.pdf" opened : "lilypond.pdf" is not even
in the same directory ...

There is no texdoc or any other TeX Live related script involved. Phil
just double-clicked on a PDF-file in the Widows Exploder.  This
example clearly proves that Windows is completely broken.  Or is it an
Adobe issue?  Adobe is well known to do stupid things too.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25