[tex-live] texdoc error

Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Sep 1 17:13:06 CEST 2008

Philip TAYLOR a écrit :
>> How exactly did it fail? Did it give the same AR error box as launching
>> 'texdoc minitoc' from the cl or did it fail ealier?
>
> No, it just does nothing discernible.

Ok, so it's (as I thought) not the cause of the problem.

>> texlua arg1 arg2 on the command line
>
> So what role should the second "texlua" play
> in 'os.spawn ("texlua", "texlua", "arg1", "arg2")',
> as it doesn't make it through to 'texlua arg1 arg2' ?

It doesn't play any role here. But it where, say "foo" it would achieve the
same effect as calling the real program texlua from a symlink named "foo" on
a Unix system. Precisely, it would force the value "foo" for the argv[0] of
the program (that, the name the program *believes* you used to invoke it).

Manuel.