[tex-live] minor problems with install-tl

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Oct 29 11:22:50 CET 2008

On Mi, 29 Okt 2008, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> Really?  My GNU/Linux SuSE distribution does exactly that during
> installation and update, and it works very well and gives the user a
> good feeling of progress.

The installer is in C, and it works only on linux. While our installer
has to work on about 10+ different combinations of architectures and
operating systems.

And it is written in Perl with Tk.

And, I am not a programmer. Give me a decent Perl and Perl/Tk programmer
and we can do better, I am mathematician.

Best wishes

Norbert