[tex-live] minor problems with install-tl

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Oct 28 12:14:32 CET 2008

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:

> Hi Werner,
>
> On Di, 28 Okt 2008, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> During a train ride (with a slow internet connection which often
>> stalled because the mobile connection was changed again and again) I
>
> On an Austrian train by chance? I hate Austrian trains, the connection
> are sooooo bad or better practically impossible.

If you are worried more about the internet than the train connections,
consider yourself lucky.  Just two days ago, I spent 45 minutes in the
middle of nowhere ("Hohenbudberg Bayerwerke" with no soul in sight on
Sunday) because the previous station had been announced after the fact,
and the train in the other direction was half an hour late.  Guess what
that did for the connection.  On the plus side, nobody was there to
complain about me cussing at the speaker announcements (probably from
some stations off) and blaring out on accordion and voice at full tilt.
Actually, quite better practice climate than the jam I had been at
before (a moldy-smelling bunker).

Anyway, if it the internet that is slow and often stalled instead of the
train, you are well off.  Quite a few newer trains in Germany have
mobile repeaters.  I'd prefer if they were on time instead.

--
David Kastrup