[tex-live] minor typo in tlmgr output, and broken file links

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:43:53 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Hi Nelson,
>
>        ./texlive-2008-08/texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym/mac/README: No such file or directory
>        ./texlive-2008-08/texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym/vtex/README: No such file or directory
>
> Unfortunately we simply have no practical way to go back in time and
> figure out what bug caused this.  As Reinhard replied, neither those
> symlinks (nor any others) exist in the master tree now, nor in the .lzma
> archives for net update.
>
> So Your best bet might be to run
>  tlmgr remove marvosym
>  tlmgr install marvosym
>
> After first being sure that you are using an up-to-date mirror, such as
> (presumably) your own.  Specifically, I suggest running
>  tlmgr option location http://ctan.math.utah.edu/ctan/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/

I tried the tlmgr remove and install (using a local svn Master copy), but
it didn't really change anything -- the symbolic links were not deleted
and the missing files were not installed.  The missing files provide
instructions for installing the fonts on particular systems, so perhaps
they are not appropriate for texmf-dist/doc on TeX Live. In that case,
the mac and vtex directories should be removed as well as the dangling
links.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia