[tex-live] tlmgr bug? and texlive.infra problem

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Fri Oct 17 01:45:20 CEST 2008

On Thu 16th Oct, 2008 at 18:14, Karl Berry seems to have written:

>    fmtutil-sys --missing (which seemed to be what tlmgr was running)
>    doesn't complain but doesn't seem to do anything either.
>
> Then it doesn't think anything is missing.  You could try running
> fmtutil-sys --all to regenerate all of them.
>
>    The ones it couldn't regenerate don't seem to be missing altogether
>    but they are the ones dated 22 Aug i.e. older than everything else.
>
> Maybe they didn't need to be regenerated?  But since you say "tlmgr
> failed", I guess you saw actual error messages.

Yes. I saw messages which reported failures to create particular
formats. That is, it tried to regenerate them and could not do so.

Anyway, I used fmtutil-sys --byfmt to regenerate the two formats I saw
error messages for and that seems to have worked fine.

Thanks,
cfr