[tex-live] tlmgr query

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Oct 13 18:18:19 CEST 2008

On Mo, 13 Okt 2008, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> I am confused, I assume that we are talking about network, albeit LAN:
> You set the repository for Dept members multiple computers, with the
> idea to add to their installations collection-private, right?

Or simple packages. I would do that for the tufonts package which are
not on CTAN. Or some commercial fonts, or local packages for our
university style. No need for a collection, simply
	tlmgr -location http://texlive.depart.uni.org/tl2008/ install tufonts

> Anyway, at this moment it seems to be theoretical, since
> package-packer s/w and/or instructions have not been released to
> general public, right?

Well, no: All the scripts are available in the subversion repository,
and there is even a documentation available, probably already on your
computer, in tlpkg/doc/repository-setup.txt, and there is a script in
the svn repo that does that already for the ConTeXt minimals, and
ConTeXt people (esp. Mojca) is working on it to improve my script.

So there is enough info available. Just more than what I have written in
repository-setup.txt I will not and want not.

Best wishes

Norbert