[tex-live] tlmgr query

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Mon Oct 13 00:43:45 CEST 2008

Current version of tlmgr:
tlmgr revision 10932 (2008-10-12 01:10:17 +0200)

Previous version:
tlmgr revision 10392

Using the previous version to list and then install updates, I see a
number of complaints that packages cannot be found:
 	niceframe cannot be found in
 	http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
which I didn't see before. The previous previous version of tlmgr
reports its version as "unknown". Presumably, the additional verbosity
is due to the update to version 10392.

The current version doesn't report the packages as missing from TL when
I ask for a list of updates. Is this correct? I thought that the
current version would be more likely to report the discrepancy and
might even remove the packages.

Thanks,
cfr