[tex-live] installation profile

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Oct 8 23:54:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm quite sure the question was already asked here, but I wasn't able to
find the thread again, so...

Is there any way to create an installation profile for installing TL on
a bunch of machines without needing to manually select the collections
and options in the installer every time?

It could really help my university's students servers sysadmins if I
could generate such a profile for them. Atm, the only solution I can
imagine is creating a custom scheme by manually editing the tlpdb, but
surely there is something simpler?

Thanks,
Manuel.