[tex-live] Install Texlive 2008 "The Pirate Bay" website --- uncompressed

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 8 12:26:50 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 12:17:26PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> So if you are wearing any clothes at all, picking a particular color is
> censorship?  If you only buy particular papers rather than grabbing the
> first off the counter, that is censorship?
>
> Others call that choice.  You are arguing against us having a choice.  I
> don't see what this has to do with freedom.

Maybe censorship is not really appropriate. The right analogy, in my
opinion would be that you refuse to sell your book to a shop that also
sells book you don't like, (like porn books, for example). If this is
for a brand or for attracting customers, fine (although this is in
general forbidden, for competitivness issues, but here this is not
really relevant, texlive is free), but there should be metrics that prove
it. Otherwise this is not direct censorship, but indirect, through
discrimination.

> >> filters are censorship and must be forbidden. Do you still think that
> >> you must read every byte that comes through your computer, otherwise
> >> it is censorship?
> >
> > No. But this is not the right analogy.
>
> Your opinion does not agree with mine, and apparently with those of
> others.  Repeating it is not likely to change that.

Indeed, I seem to be rather alone, so I'll stop here, I feel I am
waisting my time and other people time (who are certainly better working
on texlive ;-).

--
Pat