[tex-live] perl script to install a postscript font into texlive2008

ivo welch ivo_welch at brown.edu
Mon Oct 6 13:48:34 CEST 2008

dear robin---I understand, but I need to give it a try anyway *with* the
Karl Berry naming translations, of course.  I have no choice: I need to
get certain new fonts installed on my system.  and, yes, I wish I did
not need it.

Note that I do not need all generality.  I want to stick to our texlive
distribution and standard postscript fonts only.

of all the guides to font installation on the web (I found about 5),
which is the most definitive and straightforward (least nuances for odd
fonts)?  I need to be able to install one font from start to end, so
that I can get started with some script.

regards,

/ivo