[tex-live] install-tl from mirrored archive

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun Nov 30 00:40:11 CET 2008

Karl Berry a écrit :
> Therefore, those who have a complete mirror of the network directory can
> simply run "install-tl" and it will find the packages in the archive/
> subdir.

Hum, I just tried, after updating my local copy from Cambridge's node,
and install-tl isn't executable. ftp-ing to tug.org/texlive/tlnet/2008,
I can see install-tl isn't executable there either.

Is there a way to make it executable on the mirror so that mirroring
with a tools that preserves permissions (such a rsync) allows to run
install-tl directly, without needing to chmod it first?

Manuel.

PS : Thanks for this change!