[tex-live] Installation of TeXLive2008 Failed

Strack, O Erik oestrac at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 24 18:46:22 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm getting the following message when I try to install the TeXLive2008 distribution on my Laptop:

TeXLive::TLUtils::setup_programs failed at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 1042.
./tlpkg/installer/lzma/lzmadec.i386-linux --help failed (status 32256): No such file or directory
Output is:
Can't exec "./tlpkg/installer/lzma/lzmadec.i386-linux": Permission denied at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 1045.
Couldn't set up the necessary programs.
Cannot continue with installaion.
Please report to texlive at tug.org

This is on a i386 (32bit) DELL LATITUDE | D800 from 2005 running Red Hat Enterprise 5.

I tried both the original DVD sent to me via mail, and I tried using a freshly burned DVD from the i386 iso on the TUG website. Both DVD installs failed with the same error message.

Please let me know what I can do to get this installed.

Many thanks,
Erik