[tex-live] porting a TeXLive-Installation to another PC

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Nov 23 21:39:30 CET 2008

Andreas Hirsch writes:
 > Hi!
 >
 > I'm teaching a LaTeX-course at school and (as always) there are some
 > problems for the kids to get TeX running at home.
 >
 > In special, some of my pupils have no or a bad internet-connection.
 >
 > I've downloaded the iso - but this is freezed as of august 2008.
 >
 > Is ist possible to copy an up-to-date installation of TeXLive to another
 > PC? Is changing the PATH-Variable enough for runnig?

Hi Andreas,
yes, this is sufficient.  On Windows you might want to install the
shortcuts in the start menu too.  There is a script written by Siep
which will perform the final steps on Windows.  It's described in the
TeX Live Guide, section 4.

If TeX Live 2007 exists on the system already, either it should be
uninstalled or, at least, the TEXMFCNF environment variable has to be
removed.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25