[tex-live] Package documentation

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Mar 28 01:33:16 CET 2008

Zdenek Wagner a écrit :
>>  2. When a package has documentation in many languages (eg, live.pdg,
>>  scrguide.pdf/scrguien.pdf), an additional level of refinement could be to find
>>  all languages and automatically display the one in the user preferred
>>  language. (I noticed the TeX Catalogue pages often link to documentation in
>>  all available languages.)
>>
> I understand. Selecting a proper language may also be a problem. For
> instance, I do not like Czech GUI, so my system locale is English but
> live.pdf is also available in the mixture of Czech and Slovak which
> may be preferable for me

Hmm, one could imagine a configuration file (or environment variable, or a
entry in an existing TeX-related configuration file) where the user can
specify an ordered list of preferred languages, defaulting to the system
locale (or a default list) if empty (I don't know how the notion of system
locale is implemented in Windows systems...). I guess the hard part would
rather be to get the database with correct entries for the languages...

Manuel.