[tex-live] Package documentation

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Mar 26 23:21:08 CET 2008

    the name is usually given in the corresponding TeX catalogue page
    (thanks again to the CTAN team, I suppose),

Yes indeed.

    and I wonder if it would be possible to make texdoc check that field
    of the catalogue (or a documentation names database extracted from
    it) in order to

Anything is possible, this is software after all, but it is not a
trivial task.  If anyone wants to volunteer to do serious development on
texdoc, that would be great.

Frank Kuster wrote a new version in texlua, which I hope we will
distribute this year (Frank?), but I believe he doesn't have time to do
more extensive development (please correct me if I'm wrong, Frank).

Best,
Karl