[tex-live] xindy now in build

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Tue Mar 25 12:31:56 CET 2008

"MS" == Martin Schröder writes:

 MS> I notice that the xindy build requires a working pdflatex. This
 MS> makes bootstrapping TL a bit more complicated...

pdflatex is used to rebuild the documentation file alphabets-doc.pdf.

there's an option --disable-docs which disables docs regeneration.

But, xindy requires latex for building make-rules modules.

Perhaps, for TeX Live build (TETEX_BUILD) we could disable make-rules
rebuilding (--disable-make-rules), because they're going to be installed
manually into the texmf source anyway? Karl, wdyt?

or maybe the Build script should supply the --disable-make-rules option
by default, and allow to enable it to get the modules built for
installation into the texmf tree.

Best,
v.