[tex-live] No rule to make target `ppower4', needed by `all'. Stop

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 14 18:33:54 CET 2008

    Maybe it's better to remove ppower4 from the makefile.

I removed it (and the script itself), thanks for the heads-up.

1) Perhaps you would like to also make a wrapper for pdfthumb.  (The
   other script in ppower4.)

2) I think it would be clearer to use extensions in the .../scripts
   directories, e.g., ppower4.texlua instead of just ppower4.

3) When setting up symlinks in the bin directories, it is necessary to
   add the new link to the list in texk/tetex/Makefile.in; otherwise,
   when the normal builds are done, the links will be lost.

   I should probably move that to texlive/Makefile.in, but anyway.

karl

P.S. Alternatively, I wonder if anyone uses ppower4 any more.  Maybe we
should just remove it.  It has been untouched for six years, and there
have been a lot of presentation packages developed in the meantime.