[tex-live] share sub-directory

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Sun Mar 2 22:35:35 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 08 2008, Peter Münster wrote:

> > I can't look at 100+ changes and magically intuit where the problem
> > might be :).
>
> Of course! I can help with further investigations in about 7 days.

Dear TL-developers,

I'm sorry, I don't have enough time to search for the commit, that is
responsible for the problem.
The only help, I can provide is some testing and sending the log-messages,
time consuming analysis won't be possible in 2008 ... :(

I attach 2 files for you:
- a script, that shows how I build tl
- the output of exactly this script

2 problems show up:
- prefix/share/texmf-[...] are in the TEXMF search path instead of
  prefix/texmf-[...]
- after removal of prefix/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf, there is
  prefix/../texmf-local in the TEXMF search path instead of
  prefix/texmf-local

It would be interesting, how the texmf.cnf is generated and/or from where
it comes.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/