[tex-live] Bugs in install-tl for win32

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 13:12:47 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 7:55 AM, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd)
<P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Norbert Preining wrote:
>
>> Difficult. If not impossible. Sorry, but mirrors should be mirrors ...
>
> But surely by definition, mirrors can (and will) be out
> of synch with "the master" until such time as they have
> mirrored.  During that at-risk period, any job that takes
> parts from different mirrors will be liable to fail with
> an inconsistency error :-(

It would be helpful if the install-tl archives had some
internal file that records the version so we can avoid
discussing problems that have been addressed.  If
there is a Changelog file that would be nice, as we
can see what changes have been made, but just
a small text file listing the problems that have been
addressed and implications (e.g., does it require
a new tlpdb file) would be helpful.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia