[tex-live] TeX Live testing packages on CTAN

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 3 00:43:58 CEST 2008

FYI, the CTAN folks are in the process of mirroring
the /texlive/tlnet/tldev/ directory on tug.org, so that download/install
testing, etc., can take place in something resembling the production
environment.  And also to reduce the load on tug.org.

So, after another 24 hours or so, please use
ftp://mirror.ctan.org/texlive/tlnet/tldev/ (or your favorite CTAN site
explicitly, of course) instead of tug.org, when feasible.

We are not yet building candidate release images.  That is my next task,
but I doubt it will happen before next week, at best.

Thanks,
Karl