[tex-live] libXaw.so.8 on x86_64

Tigran Aivazian tigran at bibles.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 10:29:57 CEST 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Karl Berry wrote:

>    > ~$ xdvi /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/doc/plain/cweb/cwebman.dvi
>    > xdvi-xaw: error while loading shared libraries: libXaw.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Tigran, can you recompile x86_64-linux against libXaw.so.7?

You mean messing with individual Makefiles and finding which LDFLAGS
points where and manually adjusting them? Hmmm... I could do that in
principle but it would take much time so if there are instructions on
which specific Makefile needs adjusting then I will do it.

> If not, perhaps Hartmut or Martin or someone can provide binaries.
>
> (I wonder if other shared libs are "too" new.  Hartmut, can you run ldd
> against everything in x86_64-linux and see if anything else is missing?)

I am surprized that my system is considered "too new". It is a very
conservative one based on Fedora Core 6 of ages ago...

Kind regards
Tigran