[tex-live] test for 'main texmf tree' in kpathsea/withenable.ac

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 25 01:24:34 CEST 2008

Hi Stefan,

    I'm in the process of merging the updates from tex-live into the
    xdvik development tree at

Peter B was going to send you a patch after the release.  (I think he's
offline for a time right now.)  He had a few additional cleanups to
make.  The autoconf improvements were his work, all kudos to him.

    but this causes a missing newline in the configure output:

Oops, I didn't realize that.  I'll have to change it to output something
innocuous, I guess.

    Could this test actually be removed altogether, 

Yes, sure.  I just didn't want to tamper with all the configure.in's at
that time.

    It seems that one would need to create a custom texmf.cnf with the
    'real' paths instead of SELFAUTOPARENT,

I suppose so, essentially recreating what used to be done in kpathsea.
The build-time paths were a headache; there's no going back.

I have the impression that anyone (e.g., distros) not using the SELFAUTO
stuff already have to change many things.


More information about the tex-live mailing list