[tex-live] Format generation error

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 17 01:47:17 CEST 2008

    could be solved if the installation script put the TL2008 bin
    directory to the beginning of path for running fmtutil.

It appears to me this is already done (line 905 of install-tl).  Not
surprisingly, since it's hard to imagine how all the invocations of
updmap-sys, mktexlsr, etc., could have worked to date without that.

I don't know how the new binaries were finding the old .fmt's, sorry.
(I have been running TL'07 and '08 in parallel all along.)

karl