[tex-live] [tex-hyphen] CZ/SK in babel for TL 08

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jul 16 20:12:16 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 08:54:26PM +0400, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

> "HO" == Heiko Oberdiek writes:
>
>  HO> ngerman:T1 ...  =ngerman:texnansi
>  >>
>  HO> (But I don't know "texnansi", TL2008 is missing "texnansienc.def".)
>  >>
>  >> Master/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ly1/ly1enc.def
>
>  HO> T1 and LY1 are equal regarding German umlauts, but differnt for the
>  HO> sharp s:
>
> you said you were missing the "texnansienc.def". i replied that
> "texnansienc.def" is "ly1enc.def"
>
> nowhere i mentioned T1.

I was referring to
| - for some languages several encodings (t1, texnansi) are equivalent
| - Germans and probably others want to have access to multiple versions

T1, LY1 (texnansi) and OT1 (LaTeX default) are differnt encodings
regarding German.

I don't know, how important LY1 is, if there is a significant importance,
then German users might want:

german loadhyph-de-1901-t1.tex
=german:T1
german:LY1 loadhyph-de-1901-ly1.tex
german:OT1 loadhyph-de-1901-ot1.tex
ngerman loadhyph-de-1996-t1.tex
=ngerman:T1
ngerman:LY1 loadhyph-de-1996-ly1.tex
ngerman:OT1 loadhyph-de-1996-ot1.tex

At least there should be an easy method to add
hyphenation support for LY1 or OT1.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>