[tex-live] texdoc doesn't find man pages

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Jul 15 02:35:12 CEST 2008

Werner LEMBERG scripsit (14.07.2008 23:00)
> I suggest that texdoc looks into the man page directories too, calling
> `man'.

Hmm, texdoc is supposed to work on windows as well.  AFAIK there's no man
command in this strange system ;-)  Moreover, texdoc currently searches only
in the texmf trees: man pages may not be in texmf trees on some installations.
  I don't think it's worth introducing new system-dependant things in texdoc
when man does a good job at finding man pages.  texdoc is for the rest of the
doc imho.

Manuel.