[tex-live] Announcement/Warning: everal changes in network installer

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Jul 12 22:56:41 CEST 2008

On Sa, 12 Jul 2008, George N. White III wrote:
> One minor issue: "tlmgr --gui" opens a window to display the
> list of processing steps, while install-tl -gui just writes to the
> terminal.

If I understand you write you mean the messages
	Installing ...
	Installing ...
echoed to the terminal. I agree, they are probably useless, but I like
them ;-). THe GUI installer shows the very same thing in the status line
at the bottom of the window. Well, more or less at the same time, save
some Event processing which cannot be sensible improved due to the
problem that on windows I cannot fork with Tk loaded.

Best wishes

Norbert