[tex-live] Installing TL2008

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jul 7 01:09:03 CEST 2008

    However, when I start install-tl, then kpsewhich gives floating point
    exception. So I need to trace kpsewhich faults when install-tl is running.

Try moving your new kpsewhich binary into the actual bin dir (move the
failing one aside), and run it from there (under gdb).

The specific invocation in fmtutil (which is what install-tl is
eventually calling) is this:

kpsewhich --var-value=TEXMFMAIN

    I'll try replacing kpsewhich with a script that runs 'gdb kpsewhich', and
    see what it gives...

And then "run" as a here document?  Hmm.

karl