[tex-live] TeX Live 2008 testing - problems downloading

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Jul 3 12:34:55 CEST 2008

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> If $TEXMFVAR is known to be writeable (if present), you could do

I just realised I was not clear enough here. What I meant to say was:

If $TEXMFVAR is present *in the environment*, and the directory exists,
and it is writeable, you could ...

The reference to the environment is important because you cannot use
texmf.cnf values in texmfcnf.lua, because context uses texmfcnf.lua
to *find* texmf.cnf (or more precisely, its preprocessed form) inside
the cache. The three $SELFAUTO... variables are available, though.

Best wishes,
Taco