[tex-live] Filename collision between levy and oesch packages

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 00:19:25 CEST 2008

Alexis Ballier <aballier at gentoo.org> wrote:

> It seems both of levy and oesch packages provide the 'lig.mf' file. This
> causes me problems when trying to build the oesch tfm file for example,
> as reported in [1]. 'kpsewhich lig.mf' gives me the levy one. I've
> tried on debian sid and got the same problem. Could anybody help me in
> fixing this ? I would fix this by renaming lig.mf from oesch and change
> the references to it in that package but I'm not sure of the
> implications of such a change; and anyway, this could probably be worth
> fixing it for tl as I can reproduce it with the pre-2008 versions.

there ought to be a rule against files "lig.mf" anyway.  no sensible
person would specify such.

in fact, upstream (i.e., on ctan) it's LIG.MF, which doesn't work at all
on a case-sensitive system... (sigh)

i think i can see the author's current address on google; if no-one
mails to discourage me, i shall attempt contact with him tomorrow, and
propose that i rationalise the file names in his font:

LIG.MF -> oeschlig.mf
OE.DEF -> oesch.def

and update the input commands appropriately.

will report back here if/when it's done.

robin