[tex-live] TeXLive Online Service?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 12:03:03 CET 2008

2008/1/31, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr>:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 08:53:10AM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >
> > Folks,
> >

> > does someone offers a `TeXLive Online Service'?
> >
> > I don't know whether this is the right name, but the idea is that you
> > submit a .tex file, and you receive a .pdf file, and TeXLive is used
> > for processing.
> >
> > Is such a service available at all, with or without TeXLive?  A quick
> > search with google doesn't bring up anything.
>
> I would personally be very worried about security implications of this
> setup. Isn't it possible to run any command when processing a document?
> Of course the processing could be done in a special sandbox cleaned after
> use, but still...

No, you have a button to run TeX and you can switch between plain TeX
and LaTeX by menu options. \write18 is disabled in configuration. You
can also specify that \input of the file with the full path is not
allowed so that \verbatiminput{/etc/passwd} will not work.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/