[tex-live] pdftex ambiguous entry for `ecbm1440': font file present but not included

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jan 18 18:55:33 CET 2008

Hi Patrice,

On Fr, 18 Jan 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> I have only looked superficially at this, but can the tpm be used to
> know the dependency chains between ctan packages and ctan packages and

No, dependencies between tex packages are nowhere tracked. Most of the
times not even the authors know that properly.

If you meant linking zip/tpm names to CTAN, yes, it is more or less a
direct link.

> fonts (at least those included in texlive)? Is there some doc on that
> or is it only in the code?

That is the problem, it is only in the code, Tpm.pm is a module Fabrice
wrote long time ago, and tpm-factory.pl.

> And last will it still be used with the perl
> modules and where are they located?

No, TL2008 will ship with a complete new infrastructure. There is a
paper in the proceedings of the GuIT meetings, also online in the
texlive svn repository, where there are also all the perl modules. And
all the modules are POD documented.

Documentation
http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/doc/
paper:
http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/doc/tlinfra-guit07.pdf
from the talk there is even a video online (grrr), don't remember where.

Modules
http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/TeXLive/

various programs
http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/bin/

The new installer will (probably) be based on these modules already. We
are working hard on it.

Help appreciated. If you need details you can ask me, but mind that I am
offline for quite some time rather soon, or quasi offline.

Best wishes

Norbert