[tex-live] Help! Would like to use xdvi with TeXLive2007 in cygwin

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Feb 13 00:59:39 CET 2008

Bo-Yin Yang writes:
 > Dear Sirs and Mesdames:
 >
 > I wrote to the list crying about how I can't get cygwin's latex to work,
 > and I can get texlive's binaries to work in place of cygwin's own,
 > but then I am missing xdvi.

Of course.  xdvi is linked against an X11 server which is not part
of TeX Live.  You could try the xdvi* files I compiled on Cygwin last
summer:

  http://ms25.ath.cx/xdviprogs-win32.tar.gz (946 kB)

Extraxt the archive in the bin directory.  If the programs don't work,
the most likely reason is that we have different versions of the
Cygwin DLLs.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25