[tex-live] No unzip in texlive/2008/bin/win32/

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 18:33:03 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Philip TAYLOR <chaa006 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my experience, Win/XP can unpack ZIP files using
> Windows Explorer, which understands ZIP format (and
> uses it for what it terms "compressed folders"); is
> it clear to you why this did not work in your case ?

getnonfreefonts is a cross-platform script and expects a command-line
unzip(.exe on WIn32) that supports certain options.   WinZip has a
command-line addon but the options aren't compatible with those of
the open source unzip.  Is there a command-line interface for Windows
Explorer.

For the OP -- sometimes when a file fails to get installed it has been
blocked by some anti-virus tool -- it could be helpful to check your
event logs and anti-virus logs for clues.

> Philip TAYLOR
> --------
> Axel Kielhorn wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have just instaled TeXlive 2008 (last night's rsync) on a Windows XP SP3
>> computer.
>>
>> After installing it, I called getnonfreefonts-sys to install the fonts I
>> have on my Unix machines, but strangely it fails.
>>
>> On closer inspection I discovered that there is no unzip in
>> texlive/2008/bin/win32/.
>>
>> Since this is not my computer it didn't have unzip in the PATH, well, it
>> does now and erveryhting is fine.
>>
>> Regards
>> Axel

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia