[tex-live] tlmgr latest and update

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 14:38:31 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Michel Goossens
<Michel.Goossens at cern.ch> wrote:
> VI> --list  is just for listing forthcoming updates, not actually
> updating. Alt:
> VI> tlmgr update --all --dry-run   does the same
> This what I get rinning that command:
>
> tlmgr: installation location
> http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/tex/systems/texl
> ive/tlnet/2008
> update: dry run, no changes will be made
> Fundamental package texlive.infra not present, that is sooo bad.

It looks like you have updated long ago before this. Start from

% tlmgr install bin-texlive texlive.infr

Then

%tlmgr list collections

Then one-by-one

%tlmgr install <collection>

controlling via

%tlmgr list|grep "^i"|wc -l

HTH

PS I described this recovery (for Mac/UNIX: used in x64_linux) at the bottom

http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=TeX_Live_Manager

However, now it tells me during 2 months that many packages I have are
newer than on CTAN. Spooky!

Victor