[tex-live] TL2009

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Sun Dec 14 16:14:57 CET 2008

Am Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:43:52 -0600 schrieb Karl Berry:

> I'd be curious if it is possible to use the miktex package manager to
> upgrade between significant releases.

No. upgrades from e.g. 2.6->2.7 mean a new installation. The new release
can even be installed in parallel to an existing one, you only have to
change the pathes to switch between the versions (I do find this quite
reassuring, if the installation fails for some reason you don't end with
a non-working TeX). It is also possible to import packages from the old
version so you don't have to reinstall/download everything.

--
Ulrike Fischer