[tex-live] [Bug]tlmgr --help on Windows

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Sat Dec 13 05:34:47 CET 2008

The thread in the subject was only two messages and then stopped with
no reply by anyone in the know. This same problem has been happening
to me too, for at least a week now. Has there been any resolution?

Also, I downloaded and ran
   update-tlmgr-r11500.exe
whose name suggests it updates to version 11500, but tlmgr --version
reports 11452 both before and after the update.

>I have ActivePerl installed on Vista.
>Basically, tlmgr --help gives an error "The system cannot find the drive
>specified."
>The script tlmgr knows I have perldoc, and tries to call perldoc to
>show the help.
>The error is caused by the Pod::Usage perl module, in which
>$Config{scriptdir} returned "X:\perl\bin".
>ActivePerl correctly returns "C:\perl\bin" while tlperl returns
>"X:\perl\bin".
>I am not sure if this is common on all systems. Could someone look into
>this issue? Thanks a lot.

Dan

--
Daniel H. Luecking