[tex-live] tlmgr and FreeBSD7

Stratos Paschos paschos.s at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 00:50:00 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

> Hi Stratos and all,
>
> Last month, you reported:
>
>    tlmgr does not work correctly on FreeBSD. First of all, tlmgr uses tar
>    with option --owner,
>
> We've finally managed to avoid that.  I think the invocation will work
> with any tar now.
>
> I expect we'll update tlmgr with these changes (among many others) in
> the next day or two.
>
> Best,
> karl

Unfortunately I updated texlive just 2 minutes before I read your message,
by using the trick you suggested in a previous message (symlinking tar to
gtar).

Now I have:
# tlmgr --version
tlmgr revision 11536 (2008-12-06 12:46:06 +0100)
tlmgr using installation: /usr/local/texlive/2008
TeX Live (http://tug.org/texlive) version 2008
texlive-20080903

I will try the plain tar when a new package update will be available and I
will report the results.

Thank you again,
Stratos