[tex-live] texdoc error

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sun Aug 31 18:14:18 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 10:50:50AM +0800, Fengnan Gao wrote:

> Yesterday, I installed TeXlive 2008 from the net (using net installer),
>     but today I turned on my computer, find a error like this. In cmd
>     window (I'm using Vista), I type texdoc minitoc
> then an Acrobat window is supposed to be opened and view
> texmf-dist\doc\latex\minitoc\minitoc.pdf, however I receive a error box,
> which says "An internal error occured.", then the Acrobat window is
> closed. I saw nothing. I'm using Acrobat 9.0 and when I discuss with some
> guy in http://bbs.ctex.org, he says nothing wrong happens since he is
> using Acrobat 7. Thus I guess it should be something wrong so the texdoc
> is not compatible with the newest Acrobat 9.0.

It has nothing to do with texdoc, because it just finds the file and
calls the pdf viewer, in your case acroread.
texdoc is not responsable for errors the pdf viewer
might have with a pdf file. Thus there is a problem with either
minitoc.pdf or AR9 (or both).

AR7/Linux and AR8/Linux do properly work with minitoc.pdf
(tested with acroread -toPostScript).

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>