[tex-live] [NTG-pdftex] Fwd: Rebuilding pdftex gives ---! Must increase the hyph_size (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Vasile Gaburici vgaburici at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 00:48:14 CEST 2008

And yes, even with my script, you obviously still need to delete any
non-matching fmt files.

BTW, why isn't there an option to automatically update fmt files to
match binaries? The fmt files are supposed to act like caches. I fail
to see a significant benefit in the "stymied" message.
How would it sound if the XP prefetch (.pf) files would complain that
exe has changed and that you need to delete them manually? Or if OS X
10.5 did that with it's prebinding files and asked you to run
update_prebinding manually? Or if Linux prelinked ELFs would blow up
if any of the .so libraries they've prelinked changes? The fmt files
serve a very similar the same purpose...