[tex-live] Not so good experience with TL net install on windows.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Aug 25 01:06:35 CEST 2008

    When I first tried to use the installer it was quitting early and often
    due to failure to get a file.

In our original version, we would resolve mirror.ctan.org for *every*
file -- thus, pkg x would come from one mirror and pkg y would come from
another.

The single most important change to make it even semi-reliable was to
discern the host which mirror.ctan.org chose and then specifically use
that host for the rest of the downloads.  (Yay for Norbert, as ever.)

We did tweak other settings and make other changes, but they were minor
by comparison.

karl