[tex-live] Not so good experience with TL net install on windows.

Bruno Piguet bpiguet at teaser.fr
Sun Aug 24 17:46:15 CEST 2008

Me again,

    I'm happy to report that the new attempt (with TL2007 env. vars
removed) worked: no virtual memory problems, all the formats are built.
     As a bonus, it was  much faster : the automated choice of mirror
was better, this time (distrib-coffee.ipsl  instead of inria).

   So, Phil's  hint seems to have done the trick.

   I know it's way too late to ask to modify the installer, so that it
warns the user if "old" envir vars are set, but I might suggest to make
this warning really visible, on internet's doc: I must not be the only
one who will updgrade from 2007 to 2008.

Thanks to all,

Bruno.