[tex-live] TeXLive2008 Torrent/Mirror

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Aug 24 02:15:36 CEST 2008

Victor Ivrii (hi Victor) asked me this in private email, but I thought I
would answer publicly since I expect the question will recur:

    Well. if I want to install TL on few computers, would not it be easier
    for server if I download just 1 ISO rather than run few network
    installations?

Sure, downloading one ISO is one way to do it, and surely better than
downloading from some mirror.ctan.org multiple times.

As Phil has written, mirroring the CTAN dir yourself to a local disk is
another way to go.

There is yet another way, and that is to use the -profile option to
install-tl.  It's documented via install-tl --help, or see
http://tug.org/texlive/doc/install-tl.html (a copy of that help).

Hope it all works out one way or another.

Best,
Karl