[tex-live] TeXLive2008 Torrent/Mirror

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 22 21:50:44 CEST 2008

Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2008/8/22 Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com>:
> > 2008/8/22 Mohamed Bana <abbg770 at city.ac.uk>:
> >> Is there a torrent or mirror for TL2008?
> >
> > Please remember that TL2008 is not yet finished. It will be finished
> > soon and it will be certainly available from CTAN mirrors. You find
> > more information at http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire.html
>
> And since TL2008 supports network install, I don't see a need for
> people downloading the iso image.

well, of course.  everyone in the world has at least the footling 10mb/s
(sustained) that i have at home, so they surely wont' want a fogey-ish
iso image.

even so, there will be mirrors of the tl 2008 dvd, and there are already
are pretty much up-to-the-mark mirrors of the online installer (that
everyone will of course want to use, as mentioned above).  all these on
ctan starting from the root systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 (don't be
confused by the directory systems/texlive/install, which is part of tl
2007).  ctan may be browsed using http or ftp, and there are lots of
rsync servers (the home-mirror's friend, imo).

so http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 the system will
find a nearby mirror for you.

sorry, there's no torrent, as yet.  istr someone set one up for tl 2007,
but i've not heard of it, or any development, recently.

robin