[tex-live] Files in TEXMFHOME are ignored

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Aug 16 23:21:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

Thanks for writing.

   tlmgr generate updmap --localcfg /home/AW/texmf/home.cfg

Hmm.  Do you have an ls-R file in /home/AW/texmf?  If so, try removing it.

Also, I'm not sure if a ~/texmf without any subdir structure will work
with updmap.  Although I would have expected your invocation above to
find it, for sure.

    In the texmf.cnf I changed line 114 to:
    TEXMF = {!!$TEXMFHOME,...

And that helped, or not?  There should be no reason to make that change.

    nor as root (no output).

Saying "it doesn't work" isn't much help in debugging.  Can you look at
the actual /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg after
running as root and see if your home.cfg got appended to it?

Best,
Karl