[tex-live] typos in man pages

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Aug 11 00:18:44 CEST 2008

    how can I find out the people reponsible for a given man page?

For amstex.1 and other such oddities they are maintained in TL, as far
as I know.  If it's not a man page that obviously belongs to a
separately-maintained package (dvipng, texinfo, mkjobtexmf, etc., etc.),
it's a pretty good bet that we are the source for it.

    Shall I fix it immediately in TeXLive?

Yes, please do.

You probably know this already, but just to get the info out there, most
man pages exist both somewhere in Build/source as well as
texmf/doc/man.  Please update them both.  They should be the same
except for the possible @VERSION@ in /source/ being instantiated.

    I assume that the PDF files of the man pages are then regenerated
    automatically, right?

Right.

Thanks,