[tex-live] fc-cache

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Aug 8 20:24:53 CEST 2008

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Sorry, I've been only very intermittently on-line the last few days, and
> I don't really know anything about the Windows build.
>
> Phil, are you running (the TL installer, and/or fc-cache separately) as
> an administrator or as a "normal" user?

As /the/ Administrator !  I have another fully
privileged a/c that I could use, but for the purposes
of installing TL 2008 I have been authenticating
as Administrator.

(I'm not too sure of the
> appropriate Windows terminology here.) I'm guessing that without admin
> privileges, it is unable to write into the c:\windows\fonts directory.

I'll just confirm that : yes, although I can't right-click
and create a file in Windows explorer, if I open a CMD box
and CD to C:\Windows\Fonts, I can

	Copy con test.txt
	Some text
	^\

and then

	Type test.txt

and see

	Some text

so I definitely have permission.  Here is the log from the most
recent run of Install-tl (relevant parts only) :

** Phil.
--------